Septic Tank Services at Coastal Drains
Septic tanks are a great choice when helping your household deal with wastewater in an efficient, affordable, and environmentally friendly way. However, they do need to be cleaned and maintained regularly to keep expensive problems from arising; and to stay inside of the law.
It is the law to make sure your water treatment systems operate correctly and adhere to the General Binding Rules. Completing a regular septic tank service and septic tank emptying will enable you to keep inside the law.
There are various septic tank regulations, and It is important to get yourself up-to-date with the most recent legislation and rules relating to septic tank installation, maintenance, and discharge. If your property uses a septic tank, to be clear on your health and environmental duties, read the latest UK Government legislation here.
Here at Coastal Drains, we’re here to help you keep up with the regular maintenance needed when you have a septic tank or cesspit on your property with the most competitive rates on the market, with free 24/7 callouts and septic tank assessments. Our team of experts can complete your septic tank or cesspit emptying, septic tank service, and septic tank cleaning in the quickest and most efficient ways possible. We can even complete a septic tank pump out service.
If you’re looking to get an expert septic tank cleaning or septic tank emptying, or the best septic tank installation in the UK, contact us here.
Your Septic Tank Responsibilities
One of the most important things to recognise as a homeowner with a septic tank or cesspit on your property, or someone installing a septic tank, is that the responsibility to maintain, empty, and clean the septic tank or cesspit falls on you. If the septic tank pumping or cesspit becomes a health or environmental issue for other members of the public, your local council authority will get involved – therefore it is essential to keep your septic tank or cesspit maintained in order to remain on the right side of the law.
Below, we’ve listed a few basic and essential responsibilities that fall on you, as the owner of a septic tank or cesspit, to remain lawful:
- Desludge or empty your septic tank regularly to prevent environmental damage or pollution.
- Immediately repair any faults or problems.
- Make sure you inspect the area where your tank releases sewage for any signs of potential problems on a monthly basis.
- Have your septic tank or cesspit emptied at least once a year by Coastal Drains or another registered waste carrier.
- You must limit the system’s discharge to a maximum of 2,000 litres of sewage per day into the ground, or 5,000 litres of treated sewage per day into flowing water. If you produce any more than this, you will need a permit. To find out how much your system produces, follow this UK Government website.
To check if a permit is required for your tank, you can call the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506. The Environment Agency also has a dedicated incident hotline you can call at 0800 80 70 60 if you are concerned that your septic tank may be causing pollution.
Septic Tank Emptying
Regular septic tank emptying is necessary to prevent significant health and environmental risks that arise when a tank overflows, malfunctions, or even bursts, which wastes water and causes environmental problems. In order to prevent this from happening, regular maintenance and repairs involving a septic tank service and septic tank emptying to sewage treatment plants is needed for property owners with septic tanks and cesspits.
We’ve provided some warning signs to look out for, for when your septic tank needs emptying:
- Water is pooling around the draining field of your septic tank. This suggests that the piping system is clogged with debris, and liquid is being forced to the surface.
- Issues with slow-draining sinks and toilets that do not resolve by unblocking the drain to those systems.
- Unusual plant growth in the area around ground tanks.
- Foul or unusual odours in the area of the septic tank.
- For systems where sewage flows into water, overflowing sludge or scum on the water.
How often a septic tank emptying needs to take place depends on how many people live in the property supported by a septic tank, and how often the tank is used. As a general guideline, septic tank emptying should occur at least once a year.
If you need your septic tank emptying or cleaning, the team at Coastal Drains should be your number one choice in Sussex. From Billingshurst and Eastbourne, from Brighton to Crowborough, Coastal Drains is providing the most cost-efficient service from our team of experts, we can empty and clean your septic tanks and cesspits with the latest technology, enabling a fast and minimally invasive service.
If you would like a septic tank service from one of the leading septic tank companies, contact us here.
Contact us Today
Here at Coastal Drains, we offer market competitive rates and the most efficient expert services when it comes to your septic tank service in Sussex. We provide 24/7 emergency call-outs, and no call-out charges, throughout the areas we cover throughout Sussex; from Billingshurst and Eastbourne, from Brighton to Crowborough – we’ve got your back.
Need your septic tank emptying, want to complete a septic tank installation, or need a septic tank replacement? Coastal Drains can get the job completed as fast as possible by our team of experts, with minimal disruption
Contact us today.